The double denim fashion trend has taken people by storm. Although there is the difference of opinions: Should you or Shouldn’t you double up your denim. Here at Sishah’s Lookbook we are of the opinion that double the denim is double the fun! Still not convinced?
Take a look at our Denim on Denim styles below:
- Start embracing the trend by wearing different shades of denim together such as a light denim shirt/top with dark denim jeans. Use denim shades to enhance or hide parts of your body. For example, a lighter shade of denim will attract attention to the body parts it covers while a darker shade will give a slimming effect. Hence, try wearing dark denim jeans and a lighter denim top/ jacket.
- Avoid wearing a denim outfit that has the same wash since it would look too ‘matchy matchy’. Try adding contrasting colors to enhance the look.
- Try using distressed denim which would add a bit of character to the outfit and the denim look.
- While wearing denim clothing do not wear denim accessories such as a handbag, shoes or a hat. Rather accessorise your outfit with a good-looking handbag, statement heels, studded belt, a tuxedo blazer or a gorgeous lipstick.
- If you’re wearing a denim jacket and jeans, pair them with a simple classic white T-shirt / a striped tee and trainers thus giving a casual, relaxed look.
- In order to make your outfit more fun, try wearing denim jackets or jeans that have quirky embellishments or accents. This adds an element of texture to the overall outfit.