Our Endless Love for Huda Beauty and her Rose Gold Eyeshadow Palette
When Huda Beauty first announced that she’ll be launching her eyeshadow kit, we all had only one thing in mind “ WE NEED IT!” The Huda Beauty Rose Gold Edition Textured Shadows Palette is for £56. However, is it worth the hype? For £56 we expected something to look and feel really luxe, but sadly the cardboard packaging just doesn’t deliver that. But hey, it’s whats inside that counts though.
Huda Beauty’s Rose Gold textured eyeshadow palette contains eighteen eyeshadows with a mix of matte and metallic finishes across mostly warm-toned hues. The metallic eyeshadows are very, very dense, with some being drier and dense and others being creamier and dense. The colours include the following with definition of the shade:
They are highly pigmented and the colour pay-off it amazing.
Dubai is a medium-dark, golden brown with warm, olive undertones and a metallic finish. The consistency was cream-like and incredibly dense, while it had excellent pigmentation but was difficult to diffuse and blend out.
- Fling is a deep cranberry red with warm, copper undertones and a metallic finish. It had intense, full-color coverage with a creamy, moderately dense texture that was a bit easier to work with compared to Dubai as it wasn’t as thick on the lid.
- 24K is a medium, yellow gold with warm undertones and a glittery, metallic finish. The texture felt slightly emollient, but it had the feel of a partially dried-out cream eyeshadow, and it had a tendency to skip on the skin, even as it’s applied it with a fingertip.
- Rose Gold is a medium-dark, reddish copper with warm undertones and a glittery finish. It had a similar texture to 24K, which was that of a partially dried out cream product.
- Trust Fund is a medium-dark, coppery brown with warm undertones and a sparkling, metallic finish. This shade had a chunkier texture where a lot of the sparkle gathered on itself, which gave the lid a very textured.
- Angelic is a light-medium pink with a cooler undertone and warmer, golden shimmer. This one was one of two shades that had shimmer but had a more conventional powder eyeshadow texture.
- #Blessed is a medium-dark, golden copper with warm, reddish undertones and a metallic finish. It had a denser, creamier texture (more like Dubai) that was intensely pigmented and applied more evenly to the lid.
- Bossy is a deep plum with subtle, warm undertones and a matte finish.
- Flamingo is a bright pop of medium pink with cool, blue undertones and a matte finish. It had semi-sheer colour coverage.
- Shy is a muted, medium rosy pink with warm undertones and a matte finish.
- Bae is a light-medium, creamy yellow with a matte finish. It had semi-sheer color payoff with a very dusty, dry, and chalky texture that does not apply well to bare skin at all.
- Moon Dust is a light-medium, orangey gold with warm undertones and a frosted sheen.
- Black Truffle is a medium-dark black with neutral undertones and a matte finish.
- Suede is a muted, medium-dark taupe brown with neutral-to-warm undertones and a matte finish.
- Coco is a muted, dark brown with reddish undertones and a matte finish. The texture was grainy, as if the product had not been mixed fully before being pressed into the pan.
- Maneater is a deep red with cooler undertones and a matte finish. It had semi-sheer to medium pigmentation, but the texture was grainy to the point where it almost felt gritty at times.
- Henna is a muted, medium-dark brown with warm, orange undertones and a matte finish. It blends out without too much effort.
- Sandalwood is a soft, medium brown with warm undertones and a matte finish. It had good colour payoff with a soft, smooth texture that wasn’t dry or grainy it had the best texture in the palette that applied well to bare skin.
Most of us love the top row of the palette, the colours are insane! A few of the most loved colours include Rose Gold, trust fund, flamingo, 24K, and Henna.
What we didn’t like: Some of the criticism we have include the packaging, it comes in a very cheap palette. We expected it to be in a more heavier package maybe because of the brand image. Furthermore, it does not come on a brush, so that’s another point off.
Verdict: The shadows are very buttery and blends beautifully. They are highly pigmented and the colour pay-off it amazing. Most of us really love her palette because when purchasing an eyeshadow palette, we look for the colours that would allow us to create as many looks as possible. This is definitely one of the best eyeshadow palette as some of us believe. It has almost every colour we need, whether it’s a smokey eye look or very simple look. Furthermore, the Textured eyeshadows was a complete new concept for the world and it was definitely worth the wait.
Let us know in the comments below on what you think of this Palette.